IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A TOOTH
Teeth plays important role in
- Maintaining the positions of oral structures
- Social confidence
CONSEQUENCES OF MISSING TEETH
MISSING TEETH CAUSES DIFFICULTY IN…
- CHEWING – Which results in indigestion eventually hampers your body and health.
- PRONUNCIATION – Pronunciation will not be proper, there will be difficulty.
- Because of missing teeth, the jaw will collapse which affects external appearance.
- Change in external appearance causes emotional trauma, which can affect the confidence of a person.
CHANGES OCCUR IN MOUTH DUE TO MISSING TEETH
- The developing bone and adjacent muscle gives continuous pressure on the teeth because of this the adjacent teeth start drifting in the place of missing teeth which results in spacing in remaining teeth.
- Also the spacing causes full lodgment and the tooth gets decayed.
- Missing teeth causes excess pressure on gums and underlying bones, affecting its quality.
- The teeth in the opposite arch start over erupting in space of missing teeth. In some days it becomes mobile and can fall.
WAYS TO REPLACE MISSING TEETH
By removal of dentures(Partial/Full)
Fixed with crown and bridges
BENEFITS OF REPLACING MISSING TEETH
- Aids in chewing and helps in proper digestion
- Helps in maintaining phonetics and proper pronunciation
- Helps in preserving underlying bone and gums health
- Maintains surrounding teeth in their position
- Enhance aesthetics
- Increases social confidence